Tuesday, July 28, 2009

this is exactly what i look like every day...

See?

pin & skirt, thrifted
blouse, Target

shoes, Good Style Shop
purse, Etsy

Okay, maybe not every day.

Anyway, here is our delicious meal from fresco on Sunday night. For Restaurant Week, we each got to choose from one of three appetizers, entrees, and desserts.

my appetizer: farmer's market salad with mixed greens, seasonal vegetables, chevre, and balsamic vinaigrette

Matt's appetizer: seared rare ahi tuna, nicoise-style potato salad, tarragon-caper aioli

my entree: sheep's milk ricotta cheese gnocchi, seasonal vegetables, brown butter herb creme

Matt's entree: asparagus, spring pea, butter lettuce, white bean, red onion, campanelle pasta,
prosciutto, summer vegetable butter sauce


my dessert: mint julip creme brulee

Matt's dessert: dark chocolates by Gail Ambrosius Chocolatier

Everything I had was perfectly luscious. I feel silly talking about food that way, but really, if you had eaten those gnocchi, you'd know what I mean. They were so smooth and rich, but not overly heavy like some gnocchi can be. Also, since my creme brulee was flavored with pureed mint, it tasted like a velvety, creamy mint leaf. Which is great, if you like fresh mint, like I do. I surprised myself by trying and enjoying Matt's ahi tuna appetizer (I am usually picky about fish). It was so tender and mild, and the salad was an excellent complement to the flavor of the tuna. I think fresco will become a regular stop for special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment